November 6, 2013
VedaBase® 2013 update and the
original Śrīla Prabhupāda audio for 1976
On November 6, the disappearance day of
His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami,
the Bhaktivedanta Archives offers two new
releases: the VedaBase 2013 update and the
original audio of Srila Prabhupada for 1976.
The VedaBase update
The VedaBase update includes:
- A. Reverified versions of all the Śrīla Prabhupāda audio for 1976 (While preparing the original audio files for release, we double-checked the accuracy of the transcriptions.)
- B. Textual corrections made since last year’s update (For example, we’ve fixed spelling errors, incorrect or missing words, and wrong or missing dates.)
Newly included books:
· Rādhā-Dāmodara Vilāsa II, the Inner Life of Vishnujana Swami & Jayānanda Prabhu by Vaiyāsaki Dāsa
· Our Śrīla Prabhupāda: A Friend to All by Mūlaprakṛti Devī Dāsī
· Prabhupāda Antya-Līlā: The Final Pastimes of Śrīla Prabhupāda by Tamāl Krishna Goswami
· A 20-book collection of writings by Bhakti-tīrtha Swami
· Kṛṣṇa, Israel, and the Druze: An Interreligious Odyssey by Dhīra Govinda Dāsa
· Motorcycle Yoga: Meditative Rides Through India by Patita Pāvana Dāsa Adhikārī
If you already own the “Folio” Bhaktivedanta VedaBase® software version 2003.1, this update is free. And future NFO releases will be free as well.
Please download VB2013 from here:
The 1976 audio
The 1976 original audio gives you our full audio collection of recordings of Śrīla Prabhupāda from 1976 in MP3 format. That’s 340 hours
(703 audio files, totaling 17Gb).
- · At no cost, you can listen to these files online or download them, one by one, from Prabhupadavani.org. http://www.prabhupadavani.org/audio/BA/1976/
- · Or else for $50, including shipping and handling, on 4 DVD-ROM’s. To request a set, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our PayPal donation page: http://prabhupada.com/Donations/Donations.html
- · You can also obtain the files on a convenient USB flash drive, contact Krishna.com: email@example.com (1-800-800-3284).
A lot of work goes into releasing a year’s audio. First we have to transfer and or fidelity check the original tape recordings to digital files. The tapes are old and sometimes brittle and fragile. So this can be a delicate and tedious operation, involving such techniques as baking a tape (yes, literally baking it). We transcribe each tape. And then we have to sort out what each recording consists of.
Not all the tapes in our collection are originals. Some are duplicates. And some are hybrids, made by devotees who spliced and merged different recordings together. Often the original reels or cassettes are poorly labeled, wrongly labeled or not labeled at all. So we frequently have to go through several steps to determine which recordings are “real” originals.
We proofread and correct the transcription. We check the date and place for each recording. (This often involves detective work.) And finally we convert the master recording from BWF (broadcast wave format) to MP3 for your use and add tags.
And then you have a year’s audio: playable, transcribed, and authenticated.
We release everything we have. Nothing is censored out or cut.
Our next release will be for the year 1975, then 1974, and so on until 1966.
This is what goes into our continued commitment to making all the recordings of Srila Prabhupada available in a true and reliable form.
With Special Thanks to our volunteers and submission authors.
The Bhaktivedanta Archives staff
Nitya-tṛptā Devī Dāsī
Nitya-tṛptā Devī Dāsī