Please follow the below instructions and you will be fine.
Changing the compatibility mode for the
VedaBase to run in Vista and Windows 7 - 64 bit.
1. After the installation hangs or freezes, reboot your PC with the CD removed.
2. Right click on the 'Views' icon in C:\Bhaktivedanta VedaBase 2003\. (Views.exe)
3. Click on 'Properties'.
4. Click on the 'Compatibility' tab.
5. Check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
6. And then choose the appropriate operating system
(Select Windows XP (Service Pack 2)).
7. Click on Apply and then click OK.